Multiple Search Warrants leads to Arrest of Lamont County Residents
Eastern Alberta RCMP
Lamont County, Alta. – On Jan. 26, 2022 Vegreville RCMP completed multiple search warrants on a property in Lamont County. Vegreville RCMP seized and recovered a stolen flat deck trailer, a stolen firearm, ammunition, and a quantity of suspected cocaine.
Garrett Lee Sugg (29) and Cherokee Dawn McKay (28), both from Lamont County, are charged with:
- possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 (x2)
- possession of a restricted firearm / ammo without a license (x2)
- possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose (x2)
- unauthorized possession of a firearm (x2)
- unsafe storage of a firearm (x2)
Both Sugg and McKay were released on conditions. They are scheduled to appear in Vegreville Provincial Court on Apr. 4, 2022.
Vegreville RCMP continues to combat property theft and the trade of illegal controlled substances as part of our ongoing commitment to reduce the impact of these groups on our communities.
As this matter is before the courts no additional information can be released.
If you have information about this incident, please call the Vegreville RCMP at 780-631-2750 or call your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.