Boyle RCMP Arrest Male and Seize Firearm
Boyle, Alta. – On July 1, 2021, at approximately 1:30 p.m., Boyle RCMP conducted traffic stop of a vehicle for having license plates that did not match the vehicle on Highway 855 on Buffalo Lake Metis Settlement, Alta.
As a result of further investigation, officers learned the male driver was a suspended driver and was wanted on two warrants of arrest on criminal code matters. In addition, the vehicle had been stolen out of Edmonton. A search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of a loaded shotgun.
Rory Patrick Bazinet (39) of Smoky Lake, Alta., has been charged with the following:
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm while unauthorized
- Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of property obtained by crime
A number of tickets were also issued under the Traffic Safety Act and Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act for:
- Drive while unauthorized
- Permit improper use of license plate
- Drive uninsured motor vehicle
- Operate motor vehicle without registration
- Transport liquor within easy access of an occupant
Following a judicial hearing, Bazinet was released from custody on conditions to appear in Boyle Provincial Court on July 27, 2021.